Monday, September 17, 2007

Return to the Valley of Corn

Well, I'm back in lovely Corn Valley. I spent the past few days doing errands, catching up with a few friends, and trying desperately to return to my routine after almost two months of traveling. The biggest change to report is that approximately a pound of hair that used to be on my head is now waiting in a nearby dumpster, soon to be on its way to a local dump. I needed a haircut BEFORE my trip, and by the time I got back, had hair that I could pull down to past my nose, which for me is wicked long. I also had about an inch and a half of a beard. While it was clear that something needed to be done, and quickly, I suppose I might have been a little severe. I shaved my face completely, which is a little rare for me (being a pretty reliable bearded guy), and then I shaved my head. EEK. I still can't believe I shaved my head - haven't done that since high school, which is to say a very, very, very long time. So I now must adjust to life as a no-hair. Will people treat me differently? Will I be able to get jobs and friends that were once closed off to me as a long-haired freaky person, or will other long-haired freaky people shun me for my return to a more mainstream look? Report to follow. Back to work.

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

On to the Corn Palace.
Awaiting hair report.

rkfinnell said...

On occasion one must go wild and do something crazy. Of course, I'd really look silly if I shaved my head.