Thursday, August 16, 2007

I am sofa kingdom ... and so on

Interesting day. Hi, everybody. It's been a really long time since I've posted - the trip through England and Scotland has been fantastic, but quite busy. I have some good news ... well, good news for me, bad news for my mental state, I guess. I got my first short story accepted today! It's a flash fiction (1400 words or so) piece, one that I've mentioned in a previous post, "Further Study". I am thrilled to have it accepted by Coyote Wild, an online quarterly I enjoy a lot. The bad news is that I don't remember submitting it to Coyote Wild. Looking back at my email vault, it seems that I did so in the middle of the night one night, which would usually be fine. The problem arises in that the other journal to which I submitted the story does not accept simultaneous submissions. I've written to the other journal, who I've heard nothing from, but still, I feel bad. I try to keep good records of what's rejected, what's accepted, and what's in the mail, but this one got by me. Oh well. I'm sorry to the other journal for the wasted work - there is a special place in heaven for those that read unsolicited submissions - but I'm also just thrilled about the acceptance from Coyote Wild. Check them out.

So, the credit card got sorted, as you may have assumed given that I haven't yet starved to death. I've moved on from London, which is lovely but a big city and not really my style for a long stay.

Thanks to Camille for stopping by and commenting. Check out her blog, littlebird blue. Cool stuff.

The trip continues, now, buoyed a bit by the news of the acceptance from CW. I'll try to post more often. Worst. Blogger. Ever. Bye now.

1 comment:

Camille Alexa said...

Sir, your tags kill me! I dole them out so sparingly you'd think they cost me drops of blood or gold doubloons.

Glad to hear you haven't quite starved yet. Super congrats on the Coyote Wild sale! That's a lovely publication. You'll be in good company there.