Wednesday, November 7, 2007

When one thing is good

It's been a frustrating week. There are some work issues, and some family issues, and some other work issues ... that's what I get for trying to do more than one job. When the multitasking I've been trying to do works, I love it. It lets me define myself in more than one way, and get things that I find interesting done in a lot of different arenas. Great. But when it doesn't work, it REALLY doesn't work. I think I've got the beginning of a cold, which of course doesn't help, but I don't think that's so much a reason for as a symptom of the current blaahhhhh ... I swore this blog would never be a stupid emotional "Waah" party, and it's in great danger of becoming that, so I'll move on.

There is one bright spot lately, but even that is confusing. No, my soccer team hasn't been winning ... it's the OTHER thing that makes somewhat-grown men smile. That's right, somewhat-grown women. There is a very confusing girl on the scene ... promising, but a bit of a cypher. For those of you that no longer find yourself in the dating pool, take a minute right now to pat yourselves on the back, because no matter how much some people try to pretend they like it, it sucks. This particular part of the dating process, the "Do you like me, or like-like me?" part, makes me want to crap out a book about puke. I hate it. The last time I was actually in a relationship (with The One Who Shall Not Be Named), it just sort of happened. No dating. Just one part Me, one part SoulSuckingMonster, and Voila - relationship. No fuss, no muss. Sure, it ended horribly (hence the nicknames), but it worked for a pretty respectable amount of time. I want that beginning part again, where everything just sort of happens. No dinner-and-a-movie with an awkward part afterwards. Dinner, yes. Movie, yes. Awkward, not so much.

I've decided to have my first West Coast Christmas in a long time. I always go back East for the holidays, but the hassle and a half that is NY during Christmastime just isn't going to happen this year.

For those of you that don't care about my personal life and only want raw, cold numbers, here are the disappointing stats for my personal version of NaNoWrMo or whatever ... IaStWrAnRuMo

Words: 5400 after 7 days (-5100 from goal, or just over half, yuck.)
Running: 1.2 miles (-3.84 from goal, or WAY under half. More yuck.)

3 comments:

Todd Wheeler said...

Far more than you would have written/run had you not challenged yourself.

I'd say you're doing well in the face of many obstacles.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, mate. I'm a lot less whiny today, so hopefully some progress will be made. Nice work so far on your own goal.

Camille Alexa said...

This will be my first West Coast Christmas too.

I promised myself my blog would never be a "wahh" party either. I've done the best I could on that front, but...you know.

Hang in there.