Friday, May 4, 2007

Cinco de Mayo Puppy Watch

One of our finest annual traditions here in the Valley of Corn, the Cinco de Mayo pig roast has returned. As usual, this particular little piggy (who probably should have stayed home) is being prepared as we speak. Last year, I ate what I believe to be a personal record amount of food in a one-day period. I wasn't measuring, but that was a lot of pork for a man to eat, no doubt of that. This year, however, I have decided to bow out of this festival of gluttony and will instead be watching my friend T's house and dog. She is a lovely Rottweiler with the softest ears of any dog alive in the world, period. I was just remarking to a girl I met yesterday how much I missed having a dog, and when the offer came along, I thought "Well, since I wasn't remarking to a girl I just met how much I missed eating pork, I guess I want this more." So, other bellies will have to swell just a little more for my absence. Maybe I'll get a pork chop from the store and recreate the event in microcosm at T's place - then I can have the best of both worlds.

No comments: