Monday, July 16, 2007

Having a try at Yog's

I discovered a cool little zine today called Yog's Notebook, and promptly sent them off a story. They seemed enamored of Lovecraft, from a little joke on their "About Us" page, and so I sent them a story called "Further Study", a little 1600-word short-short about Cthulhu and a scientist that witnesses his near-return. I'll be curious to know what they think of it.

In other news, I leave the cozy confines of the West coast in about a day and a half, first for New York, then for London. I'm hoping that I can find a nice little corner of Scotland to finally relax in, between football games of course. I've followed both my favorite national team (Scotland) and my favorite club (Inverness Caley Thistle) from afar for so long that I can't believe I'm actually going to get to see them play live. Between the matches, though, I'm planning on making writing a full-time job, and I'd really like to come back with notebooks full of work. While I'm here, I find it really difficult to find the time to write, and so I hope a trip to the old country is just what the doctor ordered. We shall see.

No comments: